From 1791 to the 21st Century

Welcome to the Blue Ash Historical Society website.

The Blue Ash Historical Society was organized in April 1986 and incorporated in 1987.

Our vision

To preserve and promote the historical heritage of Blue Ash for the betterment, enlightenment and well-being of its citizens.

We learn about Blue Ash history from its first pioneer families in 1791 to the continuation of the Summit Park development in 2017 and beyond.

Our mission

Collection—documents, photographs, artifacts, historical records

Documentation—maintaining inventory and catalog of all materials using archival-approved methods

Education—offering exhibits, events, presentations, open houses and publications

Evaluation—of current events in Blue Ash for future generations


Dues are $10 per year.  Contact  President Tom Bell .

We have had requests for History of Blue Ash, Ohio 1791-1991 by Mary Lou Rose.  If anyone has a copy to sell, please let us know.  You can contact Marlene Morris at or through our Facebook page.  

The Hunt House doors opened to the public in 2006.  Since then, thousands of guests have taken a step back in time.   We celebrated in style for the December 2016 open house and had a great turn-out of guests.

Many thanks to our members for a lovely December open house.

Like us on Facebook!  Blue Ash Historical Society

We regret to report the passing of Ruth Wood (1928-2018).  The Blue Ash Historical Society was truly enriched by her contributions, and she will be greatly missed by all who had the privilege of knowing her. Our sincere condolences to her family.

April 14, 2018 Open House

Be our guests! We are so pleased to welcome four women from the Ladies Living History Society of Greater Cincinnati. These lovely women will entertain, enlighten, and explain the authentic costumes of the day as well as the role of women in an era very different from the 21st century.

Please visit their Facebook page –Ladies Living History Society of Greater Cincinnati–to learn much more.

Introducing Margo Jang

Learn more about Margo on her Facebook page and know why we are so excited about this event!


Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off