Flax Wheel


We would like to thank Stacy and her daughter, who visited the Hunt House in April and sent us information on the flax wheel.  Spinning wheels are of two types, “wool wheel” and “flax wheel.”  Spindle wheels are referred to as wool wheels while the bobbin and flyer wheels are known as flax wheels.  Flax wheels also go by different names, such as “linen wheels,”  “small wheels,” and “spinning wheels.”  She was quick to notice that the flyer on the flax wheel in the Hunt House is broken.  We regret that we do not have the name of the publication from which the above information was gleaned.

Comments are closed.